Friday 16 October 2009

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye


We have an occasional recurring theme Road Racers doing dirt track. Well, here's a new one, dirt trackers doing road racing. I'm manhandling this big, inglorious basterd, tomorrow at Rockingham in my first ever tarmac motorcycle race. So if the blog goes quiet for a while it's because this Z1000 decided to break my collarbone. Or worse. And yes, I realise I've stuck the Dunlop sticker upside down on the front mudguard. We didn't have the longest time to race prep it.
It turns out, former UK Short tracker Andy Denyer is leading the class I've been thrown into. He was super-smooth today. Well, he looked it for the two corners I kept him in view. GI
PS I'll be the one at the back in the orange novice vest.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Good luck Gary!
Go FAST!

Angostura Bitters said...

Have fun! Post up a ride report when you can..

Giannis said...

Good Luck....

Tom said...

Good luck, but why a Z thou in a road race?