Tuesday 3 November 2009

Pointless Racing


From Jason...

Looking at the championship results for the Red Max Thunderbike 2009 series, I see that not only did I manage to fall off on track quite a bit, but also I’ve fallen off of the results table too. I thought it was bad enough not getting any points whatsoever all year, but managing to fall off a virtual table has to be the low point even for a halfwit like me.
Last year I managed to get A point (I still haven’t received it, by the way) but this year? didley squat, zilch, nothing. So has my racing been pointless? I suppose, but I’ve had a great time with great friends, perhaps not the sort of friends I’d invite home, especially since I decorated, but friends nonetheless. No hope of sponsorship now, even though my leathers have already had, ‘Stu Pidcock Racing’, sewn onto them, (thanks Mum.)
What does next year hold then? Probably more falling off I expect. I usually like to set my targets and expectations quite low, it’s philosophy that has worked well throughout my life, but it’s no good for racing, so I’ve decided to go with blind optimism and a re-brand. In corporate land this is all the rage, so why not.
So here’s to 2010. I shall be back, re-built, re-wired and ready for action.
Jason
Number 75 (number 99 is soooo last season, dharling)


This photo shows the whole of Skooter Farm in first corner action. Jason - 99, Dave 31, Capt Highside - 76, GI - 13, Steve Red Max - 59. In the background is Co-Built Anthony and Simon.

7 comments:

Diedre Greenshields said...

Jason dear are you single?
I've got a thing about loosers.

love Dee

Anonymous said...

Dear Diedre

Surprisingly not single. (why do I feel like I'm writing to an agony aunt?)
I've decided that I'm no longer a loser. With my new positive mind set, I'm a winners assistant.

Love Jason

Diedre Greenshields said...

Jason
you were my fantasy looser.
But seeing as how you are neither single or a looser anymore, I guess that's it. I shall aim my sights somewhat lower.
What am meant to tell people about my number 99 tattoo on my bottom? I guess there is still room on the other cheek for 75.

Dee

Anonymous said...

judging by the quality of yours bikes jason, you must be good at something!!!.

Sideburn Magazine said...

This was emailed in from Scotty (who built that beautiful white and black Rotax framer)

Take heart Jason, to be fair you only enterd a handful of races last season. I entered every meeting and hardly picked up a point until the last event of the year, That only happened due to the fantistic job Chris Carr did on the school day...You were there too, so I look forward to some more scraps at the back of the pack next year.
The paddock is always a more intresting place to be if your around, so be happy, dont worry............See ya track side..............Scotty, #88

Sideburn Magazine said...

There is a strong possibility you will get knocked off your bottom spot next season Jason. I have only been on the track once, & crashed. You may have to surrrender your 99 plate by default. If you continue to be such a looser, I will just have to don 100.

BP
Corporal Lowside

Paul said...

Hey man... 99% of bikey peeps only dream of racing. You're there doing it!
I'm looking forward to some back-of-the-pack action next season!