Wednesday 21 August 2013

DTRA Round 6, Rye House, September 15

The latest in the series of 2013 Dirt Track Riders Association posters is by Spanish artist Brusco.
Sideburn is supporting the DTRA by using some of our favourite artists to create posters to promote the series.
We first met him when we went to Barcelona for the Sideburn Kiddo Party last year and like the variety of styles he uses.
Brusco has illustrated the poster for the penultimate round at Rye House, Hertfordshire on September

Spectators get in for free. Racing from 11.30.
If you want to race, in any of the classes, including mini bike, get in touch with the DTRA with all your questions.
If you want to be a flag marshal, that would be great too. You have to get there for 10.30-11am.

We did a short interview with the artist, Brusco.

Age: 35

Where do you live? 
Barcelona

What bike do you own? 
I used to ride a FXSTS Harley Springer, but now I'm selling it. These days I'm finishing my small Yamaha SR250, with a BratStyle look like. I can't wait to ride it!!

What's your dream bike?
May be an W650/800 or an SR500. I love the Japanese custom style.

Who is your favourite racer? 
When I was young I used to follow Mick Doohan, I really loved his races! but now I'm looking closer Marc Marquez, I think that he will bring us amazing moments.

If you were to start racing flat track, what bike would you choose?
I'm sure that I'd love an old school one. Maybe an OSSA, Bultaco or BSA.

What was the inspiration for your DTRA poster? 
What most impresses me about the photos of flat track races, is to see riders tilted to the maximum. I have tried to capture this moment and give it movement.

Finish this sentence. Racing is life, but… 
drawing is safer!

Click Sideburn DTRA 2013 posters to see the others.
Brusco also has a 10 page feature in Gary's new Motorcycle Graphics book. BP

4 comments:

dael said...

I hope there will be a series of DTRA poster prints for sale at the end of the season :-)

tin-tinovici said...

Me too!!...:D

Mick P said...

Love that poster, great feel to it. It reminds me - in a good way - of illustrations in books I read as a kid.

Nick said...

Lovely poster, I also hope there will some for sale in time especially this one, got a special look to it